Off Campus Mail
To get your mail out in a timely fashion, please follow these procedures when preparing your mail.
- Bundle all international letters separately from US Mail.
- Bundle all stamped and prepaid envelopes.
- Bundle all non-stamped mail. Make sure the appropriate office for the charge-back is clearly shown/labeled.
- Make sure all mail in a bundle is facing the same direction.
- Please shingle outbound envelopes that need to be sealed and postage applied (See below for explanation)
The postage machine will seal all regular size envelopes (#10, 9, 6 ¾) which have been “shingled”, that means each flap should extend over the flap of the preceding envelope. Our postage machine will not seal 6×9 or 9×12 envelopes with the flap on the short side of the envelope.
Rubber bands and mailing trays are available from the Campus Mail Room. (X4277)
Please notify Campus Mail Services one day in advance of a large mailing (1,000 or more pieces). Monday, Wednesday and Friday are heavy mail days. We can not guarantee that all mail received at noon will be processed and delivered to the Post Office by the end of the business day.